IIUG Alert (Issue #1)
June 14, 2001
This is a brand new publication by the International Informix Users Group.
It is short, sweet and time-sensitive. Our objective is to keep you informed
of the latest and most time-sensitive topics on a more regular basis than our
standard quarterly newsletter.
- Second Opinion Survey
- More IUC News
- IIUG Board Elections
Second Opinion Survey IBM/Informix
It builds on our first IBM/Informix survey to help us more fully
understand what we need to do to strengthen our Informix community
in this transition period. Your input is very important and we hope
you will take the two minutes it takes to respond. Find it now at:
More IUC News
This year's Informix User Conference is currently being organized
with IIUG participation. Of key interest to you:
- It will demonstrate how users will leverage IBM's robust financial
standing and commitment to protect their Informix investments and accelerate
- It will bundle specialized tracks, sort of mini specialized conferences,
for Informix partners and for large scale data warehousing.
- Keynote speakers will include Janet Perna, head of the IBM Data Management
Group, telling our users and partners that IBM is committed to the Informix
products that they use to run their companies.
- Product road maps will show that Informix products have healthy and
attractive futures that users can plan around.
- IIUG will host its now traditional Ask The Expert sessions.
- Conference sessions will show attendees...
- How to make best use of Informix products
- How to use additional Informix products to do their jobs
and run their businesses better
- How to use IBM technologies in conjunction with Informix products
- It will be an international event. None of the content will favor
one part of the world over any other.
- There will be hard copy of all presentations available for those
who find it easier to follow when the key points are in print.
For more info, visit
IIUG Board Elections
We are receiving nominations to elect IIUG Board of Directors for the
term 2001-2002 through June 30. If you have a track record of involvement
with Informix user groups and a passion for our Informix community, please
consider nominating yourself or someone you know who meets this criteria.
For additional info, visit: Nominating Committee.
Sources: IIUG Board of Directors
Editor: Rob Vorbroker, Vorbroker Consulting, and IIUG Board Member
For comments, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Top